Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Great Connections!

Becoming a new author (my book was just published) means jumping feet first into the world of book publicity. It means sending out press releases and emails and making phone calls and sometimes there's the delightful click of a connection.

For example, I just had a rather long phone conversation with Anita Finley who publishes a seniors magazine and has a talk radio show and wanted to know all about me. I learned about her, we shared back and forth, each of us finding new synergies to explore as our stories unfolded.

We met due to our mutual acquaintance with the fascinating Naomi Wilzig of the World Erotic Art Museum on Miami Beach.

And both of these connections came about only because I'm scheduled to speak at Books & Books, 927 Lincoln Ave., Miami Beach, on May 13 @ 7 pm.

Isn't it wonderful how one thing leads to another? Due to scheduling this one book signing, I have encountered and connected with two fabulous women whose lives now matter to me. And the event itself is a month away!

It looks like my work (in addition to marital coaching and leading Intimacy Retreats) is about publicity, but it's really about getting out there and engaging with others who are doing work that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment