Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Commitment

I was so excited last night, participating in a teleseminar with Gay Hendricks - yes, participating, thanks to a new technology that lets listeners interact in groups with each other. (The seminar event was free - there are still more offerings this month, also free, with other leaders. Check it out at maestromonth)

Gay's work over the years has instructed and inspired me. It was especially exciting to hear him say that COMMITMENT is the number #1 most important step in moving forward and creating change. We have a chapter in our book called "Commitment to Intimacy" and a move in Tantra Tai Chi called, what else, the "Commitment Move." So when I heard him say that, I felt a huge "YES!" run through my body. Yes! Commitment. Showing up.

I also appreciated Hendricks's emphasis on reaching out to others as we ourselves evolve. He invited us to speak this mantra/affirmation: "I expand in abundance, success, creativity and love every day as I inspire others to do the same!" The concept is that we can move ourselves to higher levels of love, abundnce, success and creativity by making the commitment to do so along with a commitment to inspire others as well. He invites us to take a look at old programming that holds as back, as well as four specific fears that may be hiding within us: (1) fear of outshining someone, (2) fear of being a burden (3) fear of leaving people behind and (4) the fear of being fundamentally flawed. Lots to chew on here. His new book is The Big Leap: Connquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level.

And now I notice a part of me pulling back, resisting. Ah-ha! A hidden fear revealing itself? Doesn't want to be chewed on, just held with compassion. These fears, whichever may show up, are not recent, they have lived in us for a very long time. Perhaps we have ignored or suppressed them. By embracing and meeting our fears with presence, we open ourselves to the possibility of change, we create the potential for taking that big leap.

And it all begins with commitment. "I commit to expanding in abundance, love, creativity and success every day as I inspire others to do the same!"

No comments:

Post a Comment