Sunday, July 5, 2009

Celebrate!

I appreciate living in the U.S.A., and on the 4th of July, I also appreciate the ancient Chinese. Not only did they create T'ai Chi which has so greatly influenced my life, they also gave us fireworks. Historians aren't in agreement as to exactly when and where the first dazzling display occurred, but I can tell you about the most recent occasion I enjoyed - last night on Siesta Beach!

Perhaps it's extravagant for each of our local towns to sponsor a separate display, and it may even be bad for the environment. I don't know if there are "green" fireworks, but last night's colors included green, as well as a myriad of other colors and wonderful red hearts. Booming and bursting right above us as we lay on the beach, I can't say whether I was really celebrating American Independence Day or my own anniversary weekend. (It's also the birthday of my friend's son, Obama's daughter, and I'm sure many others, all of whom probably grew up thinking the fireworks were in celebration of them!)

Speaking of the word celebrate, in my Intimacy Retreats newsletter this weekend, I included that story about a monk... well, you can read it here: http://bit.ly/7-03-09.

Whatever, whenever and however we celebrate, may it always highlight and expand the love and happiness in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment