Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Social Networking

As I spend time traveling around cyberspace, looking for places to post information about the Intimacy Retreats or my book signing schedule, I find that "social networking" leads me into actual connections with real people. Today I had a wonderful dialog with California writer and Tantra teacher Luminessa Enjara, whose passion is to empower women through their sexuality.

Another sex coach, Pam Babbitt of Colorado, wrote about my book today in her blog. I'm reminded that I am part of a larger community. Since I spend most days sitting in front of my computer, I tend to forget that I'm not really alone. How easy it is to get caught in that "optical delusion of separation" (Einstein quote in my last post). How heart-warming and uplifting to awaken to the reality of connection. Allowing myself to be seen, I am embraced by the universe.

I've decided to celebrate my birthday this Sunday (May 10) by inviting everyone to join me at the Siesta Key Drum Circle. Eleven years ago, it was my birthday event that brought the circle back to life after it had gotten rained out for many Sundays in a row. There's something about drumming that brings a group into harmony together, sharing a resonance of vibration. (Maybe it's similar to mob mentality, but with a higher purpose?)

No comments:

Post a Comment