Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day Approaches

This Sunday is Mother's Day, of course. I've just sent out a newsletter to subscribers on my website, that includes a "message to men" for Mother's Day..

And Sunday is my birthday. I hope lots of people will celebrate with me at the Siesta Key Drum Circle!

Also this Sunday, at 1 pm, I will stand in silence for 5 minutes, in coordination with women (and men) everywhere, for a better world. What a wonderful way to create world-wide connection between people - StandingWomen.org. And it's a great way to create memories, too. In May 2007, I stood on a train from Milan to Florence. And instead of a bell, I played my flute to signify the beginning and the end of the five minute period. It's nice to have my memories of our month in Europe anchored with this one special moment of standing with women everywhere. Here's to a better world, and to more joy in the one we've got. In each single moment, we can choose to make it better and more joyful. Now.

It's been a busy week, lots of publicity for my book - magazine articles published, interviews on various blogs and radio shows, getting ready for our upcoming book signings and workshops. I'll be away from cyberspace for long stretches of time (hours, at least), won't that be a welcome change!

Off now to catch sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. Join me for a beach walk?

No comments:

Post a Comment